Backflow Test And Prevention
As of March 2018, the City of Ottawa, Backflow Prevention Program (BFP Program) is in effect. The BFP program protects your drinking water quality.
What is Ottawa’s Backflow Prevention Program?
The city of Ottawa provides safe drinking water through its distribution system.
The Safe Drinking Water Act and the Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) require all water purveyors to protect the water supply from the delivery point.
The program requires property owners to follow the following set of rules:
- Hire a qualified person to complete a site survey every five years and submit it to the City for review.
- Hire a qualified person to install backflow devices as required.
- Hire a qualified person to test devices annually and submit results to the City.
- Review data or information that is submitted by testers on their behalf, including site surveys and test reports.
- Maintain backflow devices and have them repaired or replaced as required.
For more information, visit the City of Ottawa’s Backflow Prevention Program page.
Tourangeau Mechanical is Ottawa’s Backflow Experts
Tourangeau Mechanical is Ottawa’s best backflow testing and prevention service provider.
- Over 750+ backflows tested annually
- Almost all of our clients are repeat customers
Our team is experienced to successfully install, repair, and test your backflow prevention devices. We will provide top-of-the-line service experience for all your backflow needs.
Mandatory Backflow Survey
The City of Ottawa will notify affected property owners of the requirement to submit an initial survey. Depending on the outcome of the survey, the City of Ottawa will determine what devices, need to be installed within a certain time frame.
A survey will be required every 5 years to make sure the building does not change classification.