BACKFLOW TEST AND PREVENTION
As of March 2018, the City of Ottawa, Backflow Prevention Program (BFP Program) is in effect. The City of Ottawa’s Backflow Prevention Program protects drinking water quality by ensuring the appropriate installation and inspection of devices that prevent contaminated water from flowing back into the city’s water distribution system.
What is Ottawa’s Backflow Prevention Program?
- Hire a qualified person to complete a site survey every five years and submit it to the City for review.
- Hire a qualified person to install backflow devices as required.
- Hire a qualified person to test devices annually and submit results to the City.
- Review data or information that is submitted by testers on their behalf, including site surveys and test reports.
- Maintain backflow devices and have them repaired or replaced as required.
Why Tourangeau Mechanical is Ottawa’s backflow expert
Tourangeau Mechanical is Ottawa’s best backflow testing and prevention service provider. With over 750+ backflows tested annually and close to 100% of our clients are repeat customers, Tourangeau Mechanical has the experience needed to successfully install, repair, and test your backflow prevention devices. Allow us to provide you with our top of the line service and experience for all your backflow needs.
Mandatory Backflow Survey
The City will begin notifying affected property owners of the requirement to submit an initial survey. Depending on the outcome of the survey, the City of Ottawa will determine what device, if any, needs to be installed within a certain time frame.
A survey will be required every 5 years to make sure the building does not change classification.
Fill out our form below or call us to make an appointment with one of our experts to get your backflow prevention survey today.
Get in touch with one of our certified backflow surveyors
Trust us with your plumbing projects, we won’t let you down