What is a backflow?
Backflow is the unwanted flow of contaminated water reversing into your clean potable water supply system.
What causes backflow?
Backflow is typically caused when there is an abnormal drop in water pressure coming from your home or commercial/ industrial business and contaminate water is siphoned back into your clean water supply. This is typically referred to as back-siphonage and/or back pressure.
There is no doubt that backflow is extremely dangerous because it can allow drinking water in plumbing systems to become contaminated and unusable.
Why my business needs It?
Have you ever imagined not being able to use water in your business? What would you do?
If the water on your property is contaminated, you may have to close until the pipes are repaired. But every day that passes from being closed is a blow to your profitability and prevents you from serving your customers.
To avoid a headache, make sure you have a commercial backflow prevention plan.
- At Tourangeau Mechanical, we test all our backflows in compliance with the B64.10-11/B64.10.1-11 (CSA Standards).
- We are registered with Ontario Water Works Association (OWWA).
- We have 3 to 5 backflow testers at all times.
- Our testing gauges are calibrated every year as per Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standard requirements.
- Every device is inspected thoroughly by our experienced tester to confirm its failures.
- Failure is often cause by debris. Sometimes the devices can simply be cleaned to get a passing result. However, debris and water hammer can damage the internal parts causing failure.
- All installations are done as per CSA and Local Standards.
- Every installation is different due to site conditions and must be looked at to provide a proper quote.
Why Tourangeau Mechanical is Ottawa’s backflow expert
Tourangeau Mechanical is Ottawa’s best backflow testing and prevention service provider. With over 600 backflows tested annually and close to 100% of our clients are repeat customers.
Allow us to provide you with our top of the line service and experience for all your backflow needs
Our Backflow services include:
- City of Ottawa backflow testing & reports
- Backflow installation
- Backflow repair
- Backflow maintance
- Backflow survey recommendations
- Commercial Backflow Testing
- Ottawa Backflow Prevention
- Backflow Testing
- Industrial Backflow